On Saturday March 2nd, Bray Hockey Club are holding a Games Night in The Martello to raise money for Baby Juniper who was recently diagnosed with a rare and life-threatening genetic condition known as SCID, or Severe Combined Immunodeficiency. This has left Juniper with no immune system, therefore the inability to fight off infection.
Juniper and her family have already left for the UK for a bone marrow transplant. The treatment plan to save Juniper’s life will require the family to stay in the UK for up to a year. During this time, as family and friends, we want to alleviate any financial pressure for her parents while they embark on this difficult journey.
We hope you will join us for some fun and games on March 2nd. Entry is just €10 and there is a WHOPPER RAFFLE on the night also.
Tickets for the raffle are on sale now from Senior Club members, just get in touch with any of them to purchase some. Tickets are €5 each or 5 tickets for €20.
We have some amazing prizes up for grabs on Saturday night including:
- Weekends away with thanks to Dalata Hotels
- NAKED Hockey Stick
- BPT Fitness Class Passes
- Chamrox Hockey Grips
- Max Benjamin Gift Set
- Vouchers for Butler & Barry, Dockyard No.8, Pink Salt
- Fourballs at Powerscourt Golf Club and Bray Golf Club
- And lots, lots more....
If you can't make the night, we are asking Bray HC members and the wider hockey community to support Baby Juniper by doing one or all of the following:
1. Donate to help Jessica, her partner Sean and baby Juniper by supporting their GoFundMe campaign, by clicking here
2. Support Jessica and Sean's petition that will be delivered to Simon Harris asking him to introduce testing for SCID in the newborn screening programme, or heel prick test, by clicking here
3. Share the links above to all your friends and family.
4. Buy some raffle tickets!
Every little bit counts.
A huge thank you to everyone who has got involved so far to help out organise the Fundraiser, donate prizes, help with graphics etc. It is hugely appreciated.