GARDA VETTING IN BRAY HOCKEY CLUB
Please note that regular volunteers / coaches need to familiarise themselves with Bray HC policies as listed on the resource page of the website and should complete and submit the Sports Leaders' self-declaration form available here
Who needs to submit a garda vetting form?
Any 16-year-old or older who regularly interact with junior members, whether paid or on a voluntary basis.
According to Hockey Ireland, August 2022 ,Garda vetting is now to be done every three years. Please check your emails for the declaration you would have received from the Garda Vetting Bureau or email email@example.com to check our database if you are unsure of your current status.
Please note that those who have occasional contact (‘now and then’ or ‘a once off event’ such as giving lifts, tournament/team assistants etc) come under the ‘occasional’ usage term and do not need to complete a vetting check.
As of February 2024, Hockey Ireland has stated that "there is no requirement to vet coaches or managers for senior teams even if that senior team contains some players that are under 18. In this case the coaching of the minor(s) is classified as merely incidental to the provision of training to persons who are not children." Prior to this Bray Hockey Club used to include coaches, umpires, social event organisers and members of committee in both the junior and senior sections. However Hockey Ireland are only currently accepting forms for U18s coaches, U18s managers and junior section parent volunteers.
How do I submit my garda vetting form?
1. Download, print and complete this form including signing and dating it.
If the person being vetted is 16 or 17 years of age (i.e. a minor) then the parent also completes this form
There is no longer a different form if you have been previously vetted by Bray Hockey Club or any other Hockey Ireland Club.
2. Arrange to meet the DLP Sarah Finnegan by messaging/phoning 0866726555.
3. DLP will validate your identity by checking two forms of identification as listed on the form. In the event the DLP is not available you will be given an alternative committee member contact to validate your identity and they will send the form on to the DLP.
4. The DLP then sends it to Hockey Ireland.
5. You will receive an invitation by email from the Garda Vetting Bureau to complete the process. You must complete this within the time limit given to you.
6. When submitted, the Garda Vetting bureau will email you with the disclosure. Please then forward this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Common errors to watch for.
Do not send your form directly to Hockey Ireland. It will be ignored. All Garda Vetting must be processed at club level.
Ensure that you sign, date and tick the declaration box.
You must include a valid Hockey Ireland ME number.
It is imperative that you respond to the email invitation from the Garda Vetting Bureau in a timely fashion. It does expire and then the whole process has to begin again with a new form with new date.
If working / volunteering with Bray Hockey Club, we must submit our own garda vetting for you. Vetting for other organisations, clubs including other Leinster Hockey clubs or sports are not valid.
Please ensure you submit Garda Vetting every 3 years.
Please direct any queries to email@example.com and also copy in firstname.lastname@example.org.