GARDA VETTING IN BRAY HOCKEY CLUB
Who needs to submit a garda vetting form?
Any 16-year-old or older who regularly interact with junior members, whether paid or on a voluntary basis. This includes coaches, umpires, social event organisers and members of committee.
According to Hockey Ireland, August 2022 ,Garda vetting is now to be done every three years. Please check your emails for the declaration you would have received from the Garda Vetting Bureau or email DLP@brayhockeyclub.ie to check our database if you are unsure of your current status.
Please note that those who have occasional contact (‘now and then’ or ‘a once off event’ such as giving lifts, tournament/team assistants etc) come under the ‘occasional’ usage term and do not need to complete a vetting check.
How do I submit my garda vetting form?
1. Download, print and complete this form including signing and dating it. There is a different form if you have been previously vetted by Bray Hockey Club or any other Hockey Ireland Club so use this link instead if that is the case.
2. Arrange to meet the DLP Sarah Finnegan by emailing DLP@brayhockeyclub.ie or phoning 0866726555.
3. DLP will validate your identity by checking two forms of identification as listed on the form. In the event the DLP is not available you will be given an alternative committee member contact to validate your identity and they will send the form on to the DLP.
4. The DLP then sends it to Hockey Ireland.
5. Your will receive an invitation by email from the Garda Vetting Bureau to complete the process. You must complete this within the time limit given to you.
6. When submitted, the Garda Vetting bureau will email you with the disclosure. Please then forward this to DLP@brayhockeyclub.ie.
Common errors to watch for.
Do not send your form directly to Hockey Ireland. It will be ignored. All Garda Vetting must be processed at club level.
Ensure that you sign, date and tick the declaration box.
It is imperative that you respond to the email invitation from the Garda Vetting Bureau in a timely fashion. It does expire and then the whole process has to begin again with a new form with new date.
If working / volunteering with Bray Hockey Club, we must submit our own garda vetting for you. Vetting for other organisations, clubs or sports are not valid.
Please ensure you submit Garda Vetting every 3 years.
Please contact the DLP with any queries DLP@brayhockeyclub.ie